Burning Man, Nevada, 2006.
It’s that time of the year again! I’m heading to Burning Man for a few days!
Sending you magic and freedom from the desert!
Archive for August, 2007
Flying High, Sausalito,Summer 2007.
I was tagged by Mindy to write up 8 random facts about myself and I couldn’t resist taking a break to do so. Here they are:
1. I’m not afraid of talking to strangers, speaking in public, sleeping, dining or traveling alone. I am however, afraid of anything furry that crawls or buzzes around me! Zzzz… Brrr…. Ewwww!
2. I grew up having boy “best friends” and taking quite some pride for not being a “girly girl”. Then, a few years ago I suddenly woke up to what a gift it is to be part of a tribe of wild, strong, artistic women. I’m now in awe of how much I can share and how much I can learn from the women in my life.
3. I get really cranky if I have to rush in the mornings. I’m also real finicky about always needing my “cafe com leite/ latte” at the very start of my day. And I like to sip it from a real cup too… not “to go cup” style. But wait. There is more… If possible I like to enjoy it leisurely, either outside or at least on a chair kissed by sunshine. See… I told you… Real finicky. But I guarantee a good day after that. :)
4. I like to make piles. Piles of books, papers, clothes, bills… My idea of organizing starts with pilling and ends with filling. But sometimes I only have time for pilling… Ooops!
5. Since I moved to San Francisco, I’ve developed a scarf fetish! Colorful, fluffy, yummy scarfs. I wear a scarf almost everyday.
6. I have a thing for really poetic, slow paced, foreign movies… So you may think I’m a snob movie buff… But I’m not! The truth is I fall just as hard for adrenaline, fast editing and (of course!) hot secret agents such as Bourne and Jack. Who doesn’t anyway, right?
7. The first book I remember reading was Tistu, The Boy with the Green Thumb.”Tistou was a boy with a weird name. He refused to accept ideas ready-made by grown ups who simply don’t know (no matter how much they claim to) where we come from, why we are here and what we have to do in this world. Ready-made ideas were written in books a long time ago and they exist about every topic, which is very practical when you have to switch from one to another. But if someone has a specific mission in the world, things get complicated because the ready-made ideas end up going in one ear and coming out the other.Tistu had a green thumb. Anything he touched, grew and flourished!” Isn’t that just the best read ever?
8. I like to put on my DVD of Ashes and Snow to help me relax and fall asleep at night. It’s so beautiful and calming… The magical images, narration and music are just what I need to sink into my pillow and find my way “home”. I especially love the narrators voice saying “Dream Dream Dream…” Ever so softly… And making me feel held and inspired.
How about you? I’m tagging whoever is up for it.
Sending you warmth and joy from San Francisco xoxxx
My beautiful sister, San Francisco, Summer 2008.
Where have I been, my dear readers??? I miss you and your comments so so much!
Well.. Things are hectic for me and so I opted to take the summer off! I’ll be on “bloggie vacation” till September.
Here is just a quick update to introduce my sis to ya! Isn’t she beautiful? I had a very special time with her during the month of July. She is a lovely, kind and tranquil soul. She also might be the best listener I’ve ever known! I learned so much from her sweet demeanor and her wise ways of always thinking before speaking… (Not my strength!) I hope to spend another big chunk of time like this with her soon… You see, this month was actually the longest stretch of time that we’ve spent together in the last 14 years! Yep! That is a long time to be apart… So you get the picture: It was truly a magical time for me. I’ll forever be grateful for this opportunity to reconnect with her and get to know her true spirit… Especially as a full grown woman now! And I’m sure you can tell by the picture above… What an angel she is!
For the next month now, I will be focusing on wrapping up the visual effects for another feature film I’m producing. In the meantime though, I’ll make an effort to keep visiting all of your blogs as much as I can to stay in touch. I’ll be posting some photos here more often too, I promise!
Sending you love and sunshine from San Francisco xxx