Canyon Road Doorways, Santa Fe, Spring 2007.
“Where I was born and where and how I have lived is unimportant. It is what I have done with where I have been that should be of interest.” Georgia O’keeffe.
I’ve just come back from a few unforgettable days in New Mexico. Although work and circumstances are keeping me away from you… I wanted to post an image and a gypsy quote that embody my recent adventures in the Santa Fe’ area.
Missing this space and your comments dearly…
I will be back soon.
Update: I just found out there was a problem with my server last week and also with my comments publishing system! It all should be fixed now. But more importantly, this means you had not completely abandoned me… I’m much happier now that I saw a few of you did stop by! Phew! Sorry about that! =)
Archive for May, 2007
Minimal Fruit, Yummy Photo by the talented Barbarina. Check more of her beautiful photos here!
Finally, here is the COMPLETE GYPSY GIRLS GUIDE CLEANSE
Shop for the book:
Cooking for Healthy Healing: Diets and Recipes for Alternative Healing
Shop for GAIA Supreme Kit:
Gaia Herbs – Candida Supreme Vital Cleanse, 1 kit
Freedom of Speech, Santa Barbara, Spring 2007.
Rubyslipperstagged me with this fun meme. This is my first response to a meme ever! How exciting! Thanks, Nicole!
4 jobs I have held:
Oh! I’ve had quite a variety of jobs. Curiously, some of my favorites jobs were totally outside of my Advertising & Film Industry career:
1. Camp Counselor & Organizer:I organized and lead holiday camps for kids between 7-17 in Brazil for about 5 years. Such fun times!
2. English Teacher:I taught ESL for kids and adults. My favorite was teaching 1-4 year olds.
3. Innkeeper:While getting my MFA, I worked the graveyard shift (from 10pm to 6am) at three different inns. It was a nice and quiet job. Ideal for me to study, read and work on my art in a beautiful Victorian setting. Check one of the gorgeous places I worked for in Savannah, GA!
4. Art Gallery Exhibit Coordinator: Through this job I discovered many fantastic contemporary artists. Among many other favorites, I’m honored to have helped set up an exhibit for the extraordinary glass master Dale Chihuly.
4 movies I can watch over and over:
Oy! Not an easy question for a Film producer and movie “aficionado”! So I’m going to cheat a bit and avoid classic pics!
1. Bernardo Bertolucci – Stealing Beauty, Besieged, Sheltering Sky (Because these beautiful Bertolucci movies have stuck with me over the years… And I just can’t get enough of them!)
2. Pedro Almodovar – Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown, Volver, Talk to her, All about my mother (Because Almodovar’s colors and humor make be celebrate being alive! I never will get tired of them!)
3. Central Station, City of God (Because these Brazilian movies make me proud! I will watch them again any day!)
4. Hideous Kinky, Born into Brothels, Water (Because these movies made me travel, dream, cry, smile and gasp at their beauty. They also reminded me of why I started to make Films in the first place. And because the last two were directed by two amazing women!)
4 places I have lived:
3. Sao Paulo
4. Los Angeles
4 Categories of TV programming I enjoy:
Well, okay… I’ve gotten addicted to a few series lately, which I watched mostly on dvd). Otherwise, no TV for me.
(4 recent addictions):
for my adrenaline boost:
for my creativity boost:
4 Places I have been on Holiday:
(Favorite destinations for relaxing on the beach!)
1. Maui, Hawaii.
3. Byron Bay, Australia
4. Placencia, Belize
4 of my Favorite Dishes:
1. Sushi (all kinds!)
2. Northern Indian dishes with korma and masala sauce. (Although Southern Indian vegetarian and seafood dishes are also to die for!!)
3. Panang Curry (Among other Thai favorites)
4. Northern Brazilian food with West African influence such as: seafood muquecas, acarajes, bobo, etc.
4 websites I visit daily:
1. Lately… Flickr
2. SF Gate (SF chronicle)
3. Folha de Sao Paulo
4. My yummy “bookmark” page
4 places I would rather be right now:
Hmmm… Today feels pretty good right here in San Francisco. But I guess I can think of a few good places to be at right now too :D
1. Milan (Because our gorgeous and fashionable friends from Milan just left SF, after spending a few days here with us)!
2. Bali or Fiji (Do I need to explain?)
3. Rio (Sitting outside – on 70F weather – in a “boteco” – having “caipirinhas”, eating “mandioca frita” and listening to sambas and bossa nova!)
4. Festival de Cannes (Happening now May16-27)
Now I get to pick 4 other blogger buddies to do this meme (Only if you’re inclined to do so, gals!)
1. Brave Frida
2. Romantic Sophie
3. Wise Leonie
4. Talented Stacie